(NOTE: THIS JOURNAL WAS COPIED FROM MY DTMP GROUP. ALSO, UPDATES FROM MY LAST JOURNAL ARE ALSO COPIED HERE.)
I will be updating this journal entry with more information about the project's group. The list of updates will be in reversed chronological order, with newest info on top.
UPDATE #5: The DTMP group is officially closed. Also, while I am moving on with my Super Smash Bros. Fantasia
project with TaylorsToonAdventure
, my TAFASBR aka DTMP game will be made in development as of late-March/early-April 2015. Also, the game's release date is now July 10, 2015, pushing the game's release date after my Los Angeles 2015 trip.
UPDATE #4: Changed the group's closure date yet again. It will now be closed on March 10, 2015, meaning that the group will be closed sooner.
UPDATE #3: More characters added to the final roster and a timeline also added. See the info below.
UPDATE #2: Rewriting the journal entry for even a LOT of info here and there. Also added the 'new' roster for my game which you can see below.
UPDATE #1: I decided to push the discontinued schedule forward from May 7 to March 27.
ORIGINAL STORY FOLLOWS:
Hello, everybody. It has been a long time since I was busy with everything besides my "main" MUGEN game project. Ever since I first released the first version of Tonario and Friends All-Stars Battle Royale
in March 2012, I originally wanted to plan on releasing more versions of the game after the first one but were cancelled due to lack of ideas. In 2013, I tried making more characters for my game but haven't updated my game since I first worked on the game in 2011. Now, since it's 2015, I'm thinking about closing down my DTMP group due to no information on my game's progress because I'm busy with my friend KingAsylus91
with his projects such as Super Mario Bros. - Heroes of the Stars
, Super Mario Bros. AF: Age of Judgement
, and Project 2014 - Godzilla vs. Koopzilla
, as well as TaylorsToonAdventure
's Super Smash Bros. Fantasia
(which is also by me and Shun Obihiro from Facebook). But, starting on June 26, I will send you guys my newly revamped TAFASBR/DTMP using the MUGEN 1.0 engine rather than WinMUGEN as a thank you gift.
These are the schedules for the game itself and the group's discontinuation:
OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE FOR TONARIO AND FRIENDS ALL-STARS BATTLE ROYALE
(yes, the REAL release date):
- JULY 10, 2015 -
DISCONTINUED/CLOSURE SCHEDULE FOR THE DTMP GROUP:
- MARCH 10, 2015 -
And here is the final version of the roster for the game:
OFFICIAL TONARIO AND FRIENDS ALL-STARS BATTLE ROYALE
(24 original characters and fan characters, 6 guest characters; 30 in total: will be updated whenever someone requests me to add one in the roster...)
- Antonio "Tonario" Salazar * (TuffTony
- Haruka Kuyama * (TuffTony
- Taylor * (TaylorsToonAdventure
- Daniel * (Daniel9999999
- Jonah ** (SpikeHedgelion8
- Hypon ** (LucarioShirona
- Aqua **
- Asylus * (KingAsylus91
) (originally a boss character in the first version)
- Jack ** (sonic4ever760
- Princess Tsubaki ~ The Oldest Sister of Marina * (TuffTony
- Dante Koopa * (TuffTony
- Princess Marina ~ The Youngest Sister of Tsubaki * (Legend-tony980
- Sora ** (Road-To-Memories
- Ancud ** (lasioman
- Hideyoshi Kinoshita ~ Kirby form **** (originated from Baka and Test - Summon the Beasts)
- Ace of Spades ** (AceofspadesTH
- DJ ** (AceofspadesTH
- Ciara ** (AceofspadesTH
- Blaze the Pyrohog ** (sonicnextgen24
- Onaga * (TuffTony
) (originally owned by OnagaKoopa from 2007(?!) to 2013, now owned by yours truly, soon to have a redesign)
- DJ Dino * (scott910
- Ethan Garcia * (EnteiTheHedgehog
- Mario ***
- Sonic ***
- Mega Man ***
- Pac-Man ***
- Wreck-It Ralph ***
- Labrys ***
* Original Characters
** Sonic/Mario Fan Characters
*** Guest Characters
**** Slightly Revamped Characters
And finally, here is the timeline of how my project started its development:
- 2007; Started out as a Smash Bros. MUGEN game called Super Smash Battle Frontier
. The name itself is based on "Super Smash Bros." and "Battle Frontier", which was named after that mode in Pokemon Emerald. Not only the game would have characters from the Smash Bros. series, but also a lot of other fighting games, comic books, movies, cartoons, anime, and fan made characters. Basically, it would have either 70 characters or, as you'd expect, 100 characters.
- 2008; After Super Smash Bros. Brawl's release, plans for a Smash Bros. fan game called Super Smash Bros. Fusion
was rumored by yours truly and it might be played similar to Super Smash Flash 1 and 2 but the project never saw the light of day.
- 2009; An original MUGEN full game was planned, with some inspirations from Sonicfactor
's MUGEN game called Ramorockz Mugen, as it were the very first concept at making a MUGEN game.
- May 7, 2010; Following from some early concept ideas for the game, it was renamed to Double-T MUGEN Project
. The word "Double-T" means by my nickname, TuffTony
. Then I later created the group of my project via DeviantArt.
- June 2011; After watching some of SpikeHedgelion8
's videos of his MUGEN game Super Smash Fans Deception
, I have decided to make my own characters for his game.
- July-September 2011; Development on DTMP had begun. All characters were selected, and the screenpack for the game was also made.
- November 2011; While I was trying to come up with a fully original character, I chose one of my OC who originally looked too much like Mario with pants and a necklace, turning him from a fan character into a fully original fat human character by his official name, Antonio "Tonario" Salazar
. The sprites were also created for him as well.
- 2012; The first version called the Beta Version was released on March 2012. Three more versions such as the Alpha, Delta, and Zeta versions were all planned at a later date or a year, but were cancelled.
- 2013; More characters were made for both DTMP and SSFD. One of the characters from an anime series called Baka and Test - Summon the Beasts
, Hideyoshi Kinoshita
was chosen for the game, giving him a Kirby version of himself since March 2012. Yagoshi
, who is one of my friends on Skype, suggests me to give my MUGEN game a better name, and the official game's name is now called Tonario and Friends All-Stars Battle Royale
and I started some voice auditions from August to September while watching Baka and Test
to give Hideyoshi
a more fitting voice for him and it was a success.
- 2014; My MUGEN game project TAFASBR went on a year hiatus. While I was trying to come up with some more ideas to make the game better, it didn't work. Although, after playing Skullgirls, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, Super Smash Bros. 4, and Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-, I had some ideas about reviving my MUGEN fighting game project.
- 2015; Now that the project is getting its revival, it is time to work on the game one more time. While the DTMP group on DeviantArt will be discontinued in March, this will be my perfect timing for me to redevelop my MUGEN game. My schedule for the game's redevelopment will be in February before I close the group down in March.
I would like to thank most of my friends for the help-out with my game:
; Inspirations from his MUGEN game Super Smash Fans Deceptions
, and for inspiring me to make characters just like how he did for his game.
; Helping me out with various sprites, all sprites of which of my OCs and others that I worked on. Also for suggesting a better name for my MUGEN game.
; Inspirations and concepts, and some helpouts as well.
, and a whole lot of MUGEN creators out there; All of the inspirations and ideas with everything MUGEN related for my game.
; For being an awesome friend/brother and making the very first teaser trailer.
- Everyone who has all Sonic fan characters (yep, I have only used a few Sonic FCs for the first version of my game); For all of their sprites and letting me credit to them.
- And finally, some people who left DeviantArt and having a great time with me throughout the years... I would be so proud with you guys.
It was a fun ride with the game's development, but now, it's time to move on with other things and my "real" projects, mostly some of the original projects that will only focus on my ORIGINAL characters, such as Tonario Salazar
(my main OC), Haruka Kuyama
, Ashley Susagami
, and Johnoku Kurosaki
, titled Tonario Adventures
This is TuffTony
, and I would like to say this to everyone... Stay gold. Bang.